HASANI means “Handsome” in Swahili.
In Maasai culture, the men always eat first while the women and children eat separately or only after the men have eaten their fill.
- Cold-cast pewter sculpture of a young Maasai boy.
- Height = 17cm / 6,7in
- Composition of pewter figurines:
- The core material of these ranges is a mix of silica and limestone bonded under pressure, which once it has been cast and cured, creates a strong, hard and durable material similar to ceramic.
- This is then given a layer of cold cast pewter which is made with a process known as ‘Cold Cast Pewter’.
- These are made by mixing real pewter powder with a bonding paste and applying this to the surface of the piece. This leaves a thin external coat of real pewter and when polished, it gives the piece the look and feel of a proper bronze sculpture, but at a more affordable price.